Thursday, July 9, 2009

Where are the deer?

Well I did some more searching on the MN DNR website and I ran across these 2 maps. They are for '07 and '08 and they each is a pre-fawn deer density map. Neither of these maps provides an exact number so it would be difficult incorporate the data in an accurate way with the harvest map that I created, since I would like to normalize the harvest data against things like the deer density or hunter density but I have been unable to find this data. Intuitively one could do some estimates based off of these 2 maps and the harvest map that I created that would provide some useful insight.

Note that these maps like most maps from the Minnesota DNR are in PDF format and require a PDF reader which you can get at adobe.com or my preferred PDF reader foxitsoftware.com.

Also if anyone know where I can get some of the raw data that went into creating these maps that would be helpful since.

No comments:

 

Shop other personalized gifts from Zazzle.